The Amazing Race Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 1

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Miscellaneous Thoughts

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Courtney

Courtney

Miscellaneous Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Miscellaneous Thoughts   Miscellaneous Thoughts EmptySun 9 Jan - 18:46:04

I’m super excited to be playing, this looks like it’s gonna be a ton of fun, and I’m already very much enjoying these teams and character choices. Elmo & Rocco is hilarious (I’m assuming that’s Dale; potentially James, but I’m leaning toward Dale currently). But yeah, some of the picks such as Thelma & Louise, Sharpay & Ryan, Johanna (my beloved) and Finnick, etc. are all great! I can’t wait to talk to more people. The one oddity I’ve noticed thus far is that we can’t target people with U-Turns and Yields, so I suppose the social element is even further mitigated, but either way, I’m wondering if there’s going to be something else in store that allows working together more. I know these first few days are going to be iffy with Gwen queenie on a cruise and such, but I think we can pull through! No matter what, I’m just excited to be playing again, it’s been a LONG time and a well-needed break from games, but I’m ready to be back and fully invested. My next quarter of school just started, but tbh fuck it, let’s win some shit anyway. Can’t wait, I know it’s gonna be great! When I complain about having to lug my lazy ass out of the house know it is with passion and love 🙏🏻

Jon Montgomery, Channing Tatum and Gwen like this post

Back to top Go down
Jon Montgomery
Admin
Jon Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Thoughts   Miscellaneous Thoughts EmptySun 9 Jan - 18:46:46

You really want to live up to that award <3. Love it

Courtney likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://tarq.forumotion.com
Courtney

Courtney

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Thoughts   Miscellaneous Thoughts EmptySun 9 Jan - 19:18:37

The way I keep stopping myself from liking everyone’s posts because that is CLASSIC me and Rae but then again is there really a way to target people? Should I just act like myself? I’m already typing like myself for once, which is really refreshing to not be adding an unnecessary amount of exclamation points and decapitalize my words. Anyway, sorry, I’m bored as fuck and just rambling because I’m eager to see what these comps are gonna be like, but anyway, back to rewatching Euphoria. Stan Rue <3

Jon Montgomery, Channing Tatum and Gwen like this post

Back to top Go down
Gwen

Gwen

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Thoughts   Miscellaneous Thoughts EmptySun 9 Jan - 23:34:21

Ugh wish I could be watching Euphoria! My WiFi is super limited but I’ve been trying to check in and out today to get familiar with any rules and schedule things. I mostly won’t be on for the first few days unless it’s a comp time, I hope that won’t hurt us in any way

Courtney likes this post

Back to top Go down
Jon Montgomery
Admin
Jon Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Thoughts   Miscellaneous Thoughts EmptySun 9 Jan - 23:40:51

It was a really good solid episode, I'm sure you're enjoy it.

Courtney likes this post

Back to top Go down
Channing Tatum

Channing Tatum

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Thoughts   Miscellaneous Thoughts EmptyMon 10 Jan - 11:29:50

Looking forward to this hope you ladies enjoy.

Jon Montgomery and Courtney like this post

Back to top Go down
Courtney

Courtney

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Thoughts   Miscellaneous Thoughts EmptyMon 10 Jan - 13:30:56

So it’s my dad’s birthday tonight and we’re going out to dinner at 6:00 so gonna pray dinner is FAST so that I’m not too late to start the challenge. Hoping other teams have similar issues. Gonna bring a paper and scissors and all those items to the restaurant just in case.

Jon Montgomery likes this post

Back to top Go down
Jennifer Check

Jennifer Check

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Thoughts   Miscellaneous Thoughts EmptyMon 10 Jan - 13:50:04

QUEENS!

Courtney and Gwen like this post

Back to top Go down
Gwen

Gwen

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Thoughts   Miscellaneous Thoughts EmptyMon 10 Jan - 14:35:08

I don’t have access to the scissors but I can have a pen a paper
Back to top Go down
Courtney

Courtney

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Thoughts   Miscellaneous Thoughts EmptyMon 10 Jan - 15:41:09

Just found out I’m seeing Wicked at 8pm on Saturday so gg lmfao <3 I’ll be on a train around 6 but I could in theory at least somewhat compete then if the race happened to be then, but uhhh yeah Rae Saturday might be in your hands 😭
Back to top Go down
Gwen

Gwen

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Thoughts   Miscellaneous Thoughts EmptyMon 10 Jan - 16:08:55

Girl we just gotta get past these first few as it is KSKSKS

Courtney likes this post

Back to top Go down
Jon Montgomery
Admin
Jon Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Thoughts   Miscellaneous Thoughts EmptyMon 10 Jan - 16:12:51

Positive energy being sent your way right now
Back to top Go down
Courtney

Courtney

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Thoughts   Miscellaneous Thoughts EmptyMon 10 Jan - 21:20:06

Okay, well, Leg One did not go well, but I do think it could have been worse. Never done a rotating puzzle on my tiny ass phone before, so obviously that went MUCHHHH more slowly than it ever would have, but in the end there was no time hindrance stemming from it. Now, googling the landmark from my phone... THAT was rough. Obviously I thought woods would have been the second word, and was also trying to add on stuff to "wood" as the first word from jump, but without being able to just delete letters on a computer screen and the phone just not letting you click in the middle of the scramble to delete letters was irritating. Overall, I do think that was an extremely hard one (though very enjoyable, I quite like the difficulty level), so I'm HOPING that everyone else had a difficult time as well. I mean, the fact that clues kept being posted would imply we weren't the only team stuck on it, and I do think the typo of "woods" as opposed to "wood" in the clue would have slowed everyone down equally, and upon seeing it was in Florida, it took no time at all to look it up, so maybe we made up a little bit of time there at least (though, again, clearly not a good showing; not proud of that).

As for the rest of the race, that was pretty straightforward. Using the transcript and speeding up the YouTube video made it fast despite my mistake thinking the total 1.5 hour time for the cigars was the answer, not just the first 30, but I think I corrected it fairly quickly? Could've been worse, but again, not my proudest moment. Word searches are also my weakest attribute, but I think I wasn't too slow; and then the other clues were simple and quick too. I don't think we hesitated much with deciding who was going to do what (since Rae had poor WiFi and is still on a cruise), so at least maybe we shaved off a few seconds here and there with quickened decision making (I hope).

Regardless, I'm super curious how these other teams did! I'd say we did... middle-ground? Which, strategically, if there were targeted U-Turns and such would be perfect, but being that there is none of that, I guess it doesn't make much of a difference. Tomorrow will absolutely be better, as NO MORE BEING OUT TO DINNER. Thank god. Hopefully we will make up time then. I don't want us subjected to the random U-Turns and such, and the only way to avoid that (mostly) is continuously doing well to avoid it, so by tomorrow, I think we're going to be able to completely pick things up and turn it around!

Also, I'm super curious as to what the swimming task was needing two people. Was it posting in tandem and alternating? Like... super curious. Was it a lot easier since this game is meant to be team-based? Like... SO CURIOUS. I feel like I'd make the team one quicker than the individual one (assuming both members are working at strong speeds), so that's what I'd anticipate here too maybe? Either way, very curious, and would definitely like to try for one of those Detours when we're both more available to see how they are in comparison. Maybe we can ask around to see what other teams did so we can get a feel for what other tasks are like! Least that can incur some value in the social element more so as well, so that could be fun.

Also, just wanted to say that Kathy (and Hosts!) are doing an amazing job! I know this is a very new concept, but the wait times and the clever clues and tying everything into location-based or travel-based answers is impressive, and the detail in which it mimics the show is great too! I forgot about all that shit since I barely watch the show lol, but now it's all coming back to me, which is super fun! Also, the map background of the forum is nice to look at too since it's not too bright; overall, just a big fan, and I'm having a lot of fun regardless of how we placed tonight! PRAYING THE MIAMI CLUE FUCKED EVERYONE AND THAT WE SOMEHOW DID DECENTLY WOO!!!! When we can actually call to work together it's OVER for y'all (I hope)!! <3

Back to top Go down
Jon Montgomery
Admin
Jon Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Thoughts   Miscellaneous Thoughts EmptyMon 10 Jan - 21:44:29

Thank you Courtney, it's nice reading all the details <3

Courtney likes this post

Back to top Go down
Jon Montgomery
Admin
Jon Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Thoughts   Miscellaneous Thoughts EmptyMon 10 Jan - 21:44:51

I personally think you did great considering you were out and Gwen is on a cruise

Courtney likes this post

Back to top Go down
Courtney

Courtney

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Thoughts   Miscellaneous Thoughts EmptyMon 10 Jan - 22:03:13

Ofc, you know that if there's one thing imma do, it's write a DR for no reason <3

Okay, so anyway, it's clear that Thema/Louise (I SEE YOU DAN) did exceedingly well, and Rocco/Elmo (as expected) did better than us. And obviously one more team got Wynwood Walls/Miami Florida before the first clue was even posted too, so that's interesting. We definitely preformed lower end or middle; I will say the one good thing is the Swimming Task was HARDER. Preforming at optimal speed, it would be over 17 minutes for ONE partner. If the other partner were to post ONE second after their partner every time without fail, then that would optimize it further, but it would absolutely take around 18 minutes minimum even preforming perfectly without missing a single second. So taking mishaps into account, it would take around 20-30 minutes. I think the Smoke task was exceedingly easy and SHOULD have only taken 13 minutes. But... I made an error which cost me a few more minutes, making it take 17 minutes. EITHER WAY. Even with my beyond-poor performance, that's objectively faster than a team doing the swimming task at PERFECT performance level. It's unfortunate I fucked that up, it could've been done much faster, but tbh being out to dinner and not being able to get the landmark right probably cost too much time to make up for anyway, so it's unlikely to have made a huge difference.

Also, I actually am happy to know I'm not going crazy, because I wasn't refreshing for the final clue after Taxi because I thought it was gonna take 5 minutes, and I thought I just did the math wrong and was cursing myself out for not seeing it at the right time LOL. But okay, for future legs, that's another thing that'll help just a bit. Again, not proud of how I did today, but it's kinda a warm up in a way, and I hope we kill it in the future rounds <3

Everyone being chatty in the race area is fun too! I wanna talk more but for now I'm just chilling. Overall, this is so cute, and I love this cast, I can tell it's full of gems!

Back to top Go down
Gwen

Gwen

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Thoughts   Miscellaneous Thoughts EmptyMon 10 Jan - 22:21:21

Omg not bestie writing a novel. Let me just give a hoot and holler for the woman carrying this on her back rn as I am on the struggle bus (or boat). She did mostly all of that by herself, I’m trying my best to be helpful but it’s challenging with my limited WiFi. Hoping that tomorrow I can be of more help!

Jon Montgomery and Courtney like this post

Back to top Go down
Jon Montgomery
Admin
Jon Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Thoughts   Miscellaneous Thoughts EmptyMon 10 Jan - 22:25:32

This was a test run for me too. That taxi part pissed me off when I realized I messed up. Tomorrow we will all do better <3

Courtney likes this post

Back to top Go down
Courtney

Courtney

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Thoughts   Miscellaneous Thoughts EmptyMon 10 Jan - 22:26:33

Gwen wrote:
Omg not bestie writing a novel. Let me just give a hoot and holler for the woman carrying this on her back rn as I am on the struggle bus (or boat). She did mostly all of that by herself, I’m trying my best to be helpful but it’s challenging with my limited WiFi. Hoping that tomorrow I can be of more help!

You're great, hush!! <3 Once we can actually Zoom it's OVER FOR THEM OKAY!!!! I love you queenie.

Gwen likes this post

Back to top Go down
Courtney

Courtney

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Thoughts   Miscellaneous Thoughts EmptyMon 10 Jan - 22:27:07

Jon Montgomery wrote:
This was a test run for me too. That taxi part pissed me off when I realized I messed up. Tomorrow we will all do better <3

You're doing great!! ILY

Jon Montgomery and Gwen like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Thoughts   Miscellaneous Thoughts Empty

Back to top Go down

Miscellaneous Thoughts
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next