The Amazing Race Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 1

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

The Race for Leg #8

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jon Montgomery
Admin
Jon Montgomery

The Race for Leg #8 Empty
PostSubject: The Race for Leg #8   The Race for Leg #8 EmptyThu 20 Jan - 1:30:23

The Amazing Race Quarantine: Season 1
Leg #8 - Time Deadline = 5 hours

The Race for Leg #8 W-jackie-and-laura-reading

Welcome Teams,

We are leaving Perugia, Italy behind today & moving on out to our next destination.

You're on route to Ancona, Italy where you will take a ferry to your next destination. On your way over, you start day dreaming watching the scenery pass by as you sit in the back of a car & look out the window. You realize at that moment that you forgot to take notes yesterday while in Paris. You were so annoyed with that man at the café who made you do all those Emily in Paris tasks, you completely forgot to pay attention. You know it's important to keep notes of your journey on this race, so you start asking your teammate if they remember anything that could help you piece your notes together.

Before you get to Ancona, you must answer the following questions about your Paris encounter. You will get a 1 minute penalty for every wrong guess as of your 4th wrong guess.

Questions:

1- What is the full name of the man you met at the café? (accents matter)
2- Who was on the cover of the newspaper he was reading?
3- His friend Bernadette Sirois is celebrating her ____ birthday?
4- He has a tattoo of what & where?
5- Your clue was in which pocket? (be as specific as I was telling you)

ANSWERS:
1- Pierre-André Deschamps (only acceptable answer)
2- Vanessa Paradis (only acceptable answer)
3- 29th (29 is fine)
4- Dragon & stomach (only acceptable answer)
5- Back left pocket (only acceptable answer)

Route Information Clue

The Race for Leg #8 Route%2Binfo

Welcome to Ancona, Italy,

The Race for Leg #8 Italy-ancona-top-attractions-harbor-piazza-repubblica

As you get closer to the Ancona ferry, your car breaks down. You now must take a taxi to the ferry, but to do so you have to decipher the sentences that I say in Italian in the video below. Once you have all 3 properly translated to English here in your Team Confessional (in writing please) you will get your next clue. You will get a 1 minute penalty for every wrong guess as of your 4th wrong guess.

I realize that my nose is pretty stuffed. If you hear a B sound, it's most likely M.

LINK to video: https://youtu.be/aQOyUbwSI2c

The Race for Leg #8 Medium

ANSWERS:
1- Slow & Steady wins the race (Chi va piano, va sane e va lontano)
2- Don't count your chickens before they hatch (Non dire "gatto" se non ce l'hai nel sacco)
3- Desperate times call for desperate measures (A mali estremi, estremi rimedi)

I used this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_R5ZsAQB5g&ab_channel=LingoBoltz

Route Information Clue

The Race for Leg #8 Ccimage-shutterstock_341611553

You have now made it to the Ancona Port, where you will be catching a ferry to your next destination. There are 3 ferries today for you to get on. First you must make it here & finish all your tasks before the ferry leaves. Second, you have to get on the ferry before it fills up. To get on the ferry, you must figure out the name of the city you're about to visit next. You will get a 1 minute penalty for all wrong answers.

The Race for Leg #8 Minoan_lines_cruise_europa

Ferry A: Leaves at 8:45pm EST (2 spots available)
Ferry B: Leaves at 8:50pm EST (2 spots available)
Ferry C: Leaves at  8:55pm EST (2 spots available)

Clue: Dancing unicorns resting rear ends somewhere.

ANSWER: Durres (Albania)
It's the first letter of all the words

Route Information Clue

Welcome to Durres, Albania,

The Race for Leg #8 Durres-albania

Now that you're off the ferry, you need to to catch a bus to Berat, Albania where your next clue will be waiting for you. While on the bus, you see a huge bird fly by your window & you get startled. Now you can't fall asleep, you're too stressed. To get your next clue, you have play a little game of https://flappybird.io/

You can play it on your phone or PC, but please use the site, not the app as it's not the same game && you will get a penalty if you do not listen. I need to see all your tabs at the top & the link of the website (if on phone, make sure I see the link in your screenshot)

From this post, you have 10 minutes to send in a screenshot here in your Team Confessional with your score. Here is how it will work.

- If you fail to get a score of at least 10 in 10 minutes, you will receive a 5 minute penalty
- If you get a score of 20-30 you will have 2 minutes taken off your final time
- If you get a score of 31-45 you will have 5 minutes taken off your final time
- If you get a score of 50+ you will have 7 minutes taken off your final time

It's up to you how you handle this, but you only have 10 minutes to figure it out & submit your score.

The Race for Leg #8 What-is-the-National-Bird-of-Saudi-Arabia

Route Information Clue

Welcome to Berat, Albania,

The Race for Leg #8 36

To move on to the next clue, you look through my main twitter & search for a tweet made this week that features an actor/actress from Albania. You have to post the date & time of my tweet in EST time AND name the actors/actress with first & last name.

Fast Forward:

The Race for Leg #8 Fast-forward

You can choose to try & race straight to the finish line from here & avoid having to do any other task if you're the first team to finish this task. You submit your answer here in the Team Confessional. If you submit for the task first, you will not be able to complete the Fast Forward:. As soon as you move on from this part, you cannot come back & claim the Fast Forward: so think about it, but hurry.

The Fast Forward task is that you have to complete this puzzle & submit the completed puzzle screenshot here in your Team Confessional. I have to see the completed puzzle with the link visible in your screenshot etc.

LINK to puzzle: https://puzzel.org/en/jigsaw/play?p=-MtoTMiIMWQqVLyB6S7w

The Race for Leg #8 222961049

ANSWER: Sonila Vjeshta 4:00 PM · Jan 19, 2022

Detour
The Race for Leg #8 2a9b2997-3df4-d071-4d0f-86f875fda5b5

Berat, Albania

The Race for Leg #8 Br

Window or Widow

Berat, Albania has known its fair share of history. During the early period of Ottoman rule, Berat fell into severe decline. By the end of the 16th century it had only 710 houses. However, it began to recover by the 17th century, and is now known as the city of "one thousand windows" It also has many historic sites like the Berat Castle which overlooks many different worship buildings like churches, where many funerals happen.

Window

The Race for Leg #8 Berat+albania

Welcome to the city of Berat where you can see many houses with many windows.

For this task you will have to find all the differences between the 2 pictures below. You will get 5 tries to get it right. If you fail all tries, you will get to move on, but you will get a 10 minute penalty so use your 5 guesses wisely. I will tell you that there are less than 10. Do not worry about the border. I had to upload them from my phone & it's possible that my cropping of the border of the picture is a tiny bit off, that's not a difference.

The Race for Leg #8 PQhwRivThe Race for Leg #8 A5N7Avg

ANSWER: The Race for Leg #8 Orsnpql

Widow

The Race for Leg #8 3370A84300000578-0-image-a-52_1461338983041

Welcome to the Holy Trinity Church,

For this task you will need to figure out the 3 songs below. All you have is 3 sets of scrambled lyrics. Once you figure them out, you have to figure out who sings the song. Once you figure that out, you have to figure out who their widow was when they passed away. If it's a band, look for a member who sang who has passed away.

Lyrics:

1- step mistake take every that I to is another you
2- three number said seven forty to number  -
3- blame I'm and maybe just to for heard all I've

The Race for Leg #8 5e

ANSWERS:
1- Talinda Bennington (Chester Bennington Linkin Park)
2- Priscilla Presley (Elvis Presley Jailhouse Rock)
3- Courtney Love (Kurt Cobain Lithium)

Roadblock

The Race for Leg #8 7135206

The Race for Leg #8 Tar3206_trabi_will.james_berlin_digital

Welcome,

This Roadblock is a little different because it's happening as you ride off to your next destination. It's a long drive, so we decided to just do it while you travel (don't worry it's not a driving comp, I know there's still snowstorms happening). You must now tell us which one of you will compete in this challenge. You cannot change your mind once you select a team member. You will post here in your Team Confessional. Once you pick your team member, we will post the challenge. Who has a sense of direction?

Roadblock - On Route

The Race for Leg #8 211129_r39422web-tout

Welcome,

As you drive to your next destination, the backseat driver (the teammate who chose to do this Roadblock) has to give directions on how to get there. To do so, you will have to solve this maze below. BEWARE!!!! I need you to post a screenshot of the completed maze here in your Team Confessional, but if it's messy you will get a 5 minute time penalty. Figure out a way so the path is clear & that you're not drawing all over the lines. I won't be a menace about it, but if I have a hard time seeing your path, I will not hesitate to slap the penalty on to you.

Maze:

The Race for Leg #8 WlrPNHz

LINK if you need it bigger: https://i.imgur.com/wlrPNHz.png

ANSWER:
The Race for Leg #8 DsaStVg

Route Information Clue

Congratulations on finishing the Roadblock,

Now you must make your way to the next Pit Stop. To do so, you have to answer the question below. Post your answer here in the Team Confessional. You will receive 1 minute penalty for all wrong answers after 3 tries, so as of your 4th wrong answer.

Question: This is a city name.

ANSWER: Ljubljana
Using old phone keypad texting method. To get to L you had to hit 5 3 times

Pit Stop - Dragon Bridge, Ljubljana, Slovenia

The Race for Leg #8 TAR-pitstop-icon

Great Job, you have completed the eight leg of this race. Your time will be tallied & posted once the 5 hours is up or once all teams have finished. Your start time for tomorrow will be posted at shortly after. Enjoy your evening in Perugia!!!!

Back to top Go down
https://tarq.forumotion.com

The Race for Leg #8
Page 1 of 1