The Amazing Race Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 1

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

The Race for Leg #9

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jon Montgomery
Admin
Jon Montgomery

The Race for Leg #9 Empty
PostSubject: The Race for Leg #9   The Race for Leg #9 EmptyFri 21 Jan - 1:41:52

The Amazing Race Quarantine: Season 1
Leg #9 - Time Deadline = 5 hours

The Race for Leg #9 5b47851820e3a82b008b45d9?width=750&format=jpeg&auto=webp

Welcome Teams,

We are leaving Ljubljana, Slovenia behind today & moving on out to our next destination.

Before we do that, we of course want to get to know this place a little before we leave it for good. You finished the race last night standing on the Dragon bridge. Dragons are very important to Ljubljana & that has a lot of meaning to them, it represents the qualities they want to portray.  

Questions: Figure out these 3 words that have been scrambled together.

pcausggtawreeorreenos

ANSWER: power, courage, greatness

The symbol of the city is the Ljubljana Dragon. It is depicted on the top of the tower of Ljubljana Castle in the Ljubljana coat of arms and on the Ljubljanica-crossing Dragon Bridge (Zmajski most). It symbolises power, courage, and greatness.

Route Information Clue

The Race for Leg #9 Route%2Binfo

Welcome aboard, you are now on route to your next destination.

The Race for Leg #9 Ht_greyhound_bus_revamp_jc_140725_4x3t_992

You have a long bus ride ahead, so while you sit there and ponder at the journey you just had, you start remembering all the fun talks you had with other teams at the hotel. You try to remember some of the things those silly gooses say. You turn to your teammate to see if they can help you remember.

LISTEN UP, I WILL OPEN UP THE HOTEL AT 7:40pm EST so it's up to you if you want to try, if you want to wait or if you want to take the penalty & move on.

You will get 3 tries for this part. You will be given quotes said in the HOTEL thread. It can be from any player or host. Identify who said which quote to shave off some time on your final time. If you get them all correctly on your first try you will shave off 10 minutes. If you get them all correctly on your 2nd try you will shave off 7 minutes off your time. If you get them all correctly on your 3rd & final try, you will get 5 minutes shaved off your time. If you do not manage to at least get 5 correctly in any of your 3 tries, you will get a 10 minute penalty. I need full character names.

Quotes:

1- "Hey Hey Hey! What's up everyone"
2- "I feel like an hour penalty after leg 1 means you're out, but you never know"
3- "good luck to everyone who likes rihanna. if you dislike rihanna, i hope you go home"
4- "GRAND RISING!!"
5- "I want to throw u in a lake"
6- "Yep it’s gone now! I just wanted to make sure!"
7- "of course! sharing is caring, right?"
8- "the damage has been done"
9- "we've got a whole team of murderers yet it's the fucking hand puppet trying to commit mass murder"
10- "But I heard it was your wedding day….."

ANSWERS:
1- Sonic
2- Jon Montgomery
3- Kate Bishop
4- Stu Macher
5- Blair Waldorf
6- Luisa Madrigal
7- Tails
8- Lilo
9- Jennifer Check
10- Clint Barton

Route Information Clue

Welcome to Nyíregyháza, Hungary,

The Race for Leg #9 1465226783_original

We have now reach the 7th most populated city in Hungary, Nyíregyháza. This city is known for many things, its economy being one of them. Many big shot companies have come & gone from this city. Please solve this riddle below.

Riddle:

I'm rather rigid
I'm rather small
If you step on me
You might scream or fall
I'm universally loved
Even by your inner child
I'm the blueprint for future architects
And I even made it to Hollywood, how wild

ANSWER: Legos

Route Information Clue

While traveling through Nyíregyháza, Hungary,

The Race for Leg #9 Mountain-road-macedonia-rock-protected-steel-net-landscape-colorful-hills-cars-traffic-jam-high-beautiful-114993217

As you drive through from clue to clue, you are presented with a series of numbers you must decode and figure out their relation.

Numbers:

ANSWER: 4, 36, 38, 41 routes/highways

that connect to Budapest

Route Information Clue

You have now found your way out of Nyíregyháza, Hungary, but it's the wrong way out.

The Race for Leg #9 TARA508-1001

To get back on the right track, a local resident offers to help you out, but you must complete this puzzle for him first. Please post a screenshot of the completed puzzle here in your Team Confessional. I must see the time it took you, the puzzle piece number & your link in your browser for it to count. Miss any of these & receive a 5 minute penalty (you won't be able to send again.)

LINK to puzzle: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/?rc=play&pid=320b97197708

Detour
The Race for Leg #9 2a9b2997-3df4-d071-4d0f-86f875fda5b5

M3 Highway, Hungary

The Race for Leg #9 M0

Stop & Stare or Self Care

You are now on a journey from Hungary to Romania. You will be on this route for around 6 hours. Please let us know if you want to stop & stare or if you prefer opting for some self care? Post your decision on this thread.

Stop & Stare

The Race for Leg #9 Man-walking-dog

It's time to park the car on the side of the road & take a moment to be one with nature.

To move on from this task, you must go outside & touch some grass a little bit. What I mean by this is that you must take specific pictures of yourself with nature. Both teammates have to participate in this. Doesn't have to be an even split, but I need at least one picture from each team member. Please post the pictures here in your Team Confessional. You will get a 2 minute penalty for every picture that isn't done how I ask. You can post all in the same post or in 4 different posts, up to you.

- One picture/selfie of you laying on the ground outside (It has to be noticeable that you're outside)
- One selfie of you touching a tree of any kind (has to be outdoors)
- One selfie of you chilling with a plant while smiling looking at it lovingly (this one can be indoors)
- One selfie of yourself doing a peace sign at the sky

The Race for Leg #9 Traveling-Selfie-1200x787

Self Care

The Race for Leg #9 Self-care-tips-1

It's a little cold for you outside, but it doesn't mean you can't give yourself a little self care in the mean time.

To move on from this task, you must go outside & perform self care in your car (for most of them). What I mean by this is that you must take specific pictures of yourself doing certain things that are self care. Both teammates have to participate in this (that's why I'll do one not in a car). Doesn't have to be an even split, but I need at least one picture from each team member. Please post the pictures here in your Team Confessional. You will get a 2 minute penalty for every picture that isn't done how I ask. You can post all in the same post or in 4 different posts, up to you.

- One picture of you in your car sleeping in the backseat (can be a selfie) & you have to have a blanket wrapped around you
- One selfie of you reading a book sitting in the passenger seat (make it so I see that you're in the passenger seat so angle your camera to show the steering wheel or something)
- One selfie/picture of you sitting in the tub with some water in it (please have shorts or pants on lol we don't want nudes) it doesn't have to be full of water but enough so that I can see it in the picture.
- One selfie of you head banging to a song sitting in your car in the driver's seat. Again, angle your camera so I can see that you're in the driver seat

The Race for Leg #9 Creative_SelfCare_Home_1-300x300

Route Information Clue

Welcome to Sibiu, Romania,

The Race for Leg #9 Sighisoara_Transylvania-d3e41fad6694.jpg?auto=format&fit=crop&sharp=10&vib=20&ixlib=react-8.6

Sibiu is part of the Transylvanian region. Transylvania is known for the scenery of its Carpathian landscape and its rich history. Something that comes to mind right away when I think of Transylvania & Romania is...... VAMPIRES.

For this task I went ahead & I made some face morphs of different vampires. You must now figure out who is featured in the 3 different pictures. I will say there are 2 vampires per morph. Give their last name too if they have one.

You have to get them all to move on, but every wrong guess will cost you 1 minute in penalty.

Morphs:

The Race for Leg #9 LDnMxQC

The Race for Leg #9 Vampires_aa_header

ANSWERS:
1- Blade & Akasha (We can accept Eric Brooks for Blade)
2- Angel & Barnabas Collins (We can accept Angelus or Angel Jones too)
3- Edward Cullen & Lestat de Lioncourt

Roadblock

The Race for Leg #9 7135206

The Race for Leg #9 Easter-Holidays-in-Romania-True-Romania-Tours

Welcome,

It's time for the Roadblock this leg. You must now tell us which one of you will compete in this challenge. You cannot change your mind once you select a team member. You will post here in your Team Confessional. Once you pick your team member, we will post the challenge. Who trusts their aging memory?

Roadblock - Sibiu, Romania

The Race for Leg #9 Romanian-Easter-Eggs

Welcome,

Easter Day (Paștele) is a public holiday across Romania and celebrates Jesus' resurrection from death, as told in the Christian bible. Romania's Easter holiday follows the Orthodox Easter date, which is often different from the Easter date determined by other Christian churches. For this task you have to play a game of memory with some Easter eggs. Follow the link below & please set the settings like I have it in the screenshot below. I WOULD SUGGEST YOU USE YOUR PHONE SO YOU CAN FIT EVERYTHING NEEDED IN YOUR SCREENSHOT.

You need to put the settings to FAST & to 7X6 for dimension. When you send your screenshot here in your Team Confessional, I need to see everything you see in my screenshot (the website, the dimension, the speed & the number or moves & time above. It will also have a little pop up in the middle when you finish that says YOU WIN. I need to see all that or it won't count.

You also need to do it in under 100 moves. If you fail, you have to try again until you get it under 100 moves.

The Race for Leg #9 ArmDdFV

LINK to game: https://www.memozor.com/memory-games/for-kids/eggs

Route Information Clue

Congratulations on finishing the Roadblock,

You have now made it to the  Aeroportul Internațional Sibiu . Today is different. You will all leave the airport when you get here & you will arrive at the next destination which will be your pit stop for this leg. You just have to guess where you're going by giving me the name of the airport & the airport code to do so. You will get a 1 minute penalty for every wrong answer after 3 tries, so as of your 4th try. Post here in your Team Confessional.

Flight A  will leave SBZ airport at whenever you get here (unlimited)
Flight B will leave SBZ airport at whenever you get here (unlimited)
Flight C will leave SBZ airport at whenever you get here (unlimited)

The Race for Leg #9 Maxresdefault

Clues:

- In 2020 the population of the city home to this airport had a population of approximately 2.71 millions
- The airport is in the capital city of the country it's in
- one one one goal people faith (rearrange these words for another clue)

I will give another clue IF you do not have this within 10 minutes of getting this post

ANSWER: Modibo Keita International Airport BKO

Pit Stop - Bamako Central Post Office, Bamako, Mali

The Race for Leg #9 TAR-pitstop-icon

Great Job, you have completed the ninth leg of this race. Your time will be tallied & posted once the 5 hours is up or once all teams have finished. Your start time for tomorrow will be posted at shortly after. Enjoy your evening in Bamako!!!!

Back to top Go down
https://tarq.forumotion.com

The Race for Leg #9
Page 1 of 1